Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pogba wants Pirlo's position


The Frenchman has his eye on the Italy veteran's spot in the team, while stressing that the Bianconeri are stronger than last campaign when they lifted the Scudetto again.

Paul Pogba has his eyes on Andrea Pirlo's position in the Juventus team ahead of the new Serie A season.
The former Manchester United midfielder, 20, has just begun preseason training after his international exploits with France, winning the Under-20 World Cup.

Pogba started 18 league games for Juve last
season, scoring five times, but is hoping for a bigger role as the Italian champions look to retain their title in 2013-14.

"Yes I am returning to Juve as a World Cup winner, but I also know I have to continue working and growing at Juventus," he told Tuttosport.

"Obviously I hope to play and be first choice, but again I can only achieve that by improving. If I am to play in Andrea Pirlo’s position, which I have done a few times, then I certainly wouldn’t be upset.
"We are stronger than last year, both in Serie A and Europe. The first objective we want to achieve is a third consecutive Scudetto. Then for the Champions League, we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment