Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ramos: I don't hold a grudge against Mourinho


The Real Madrid fullback may have had a reportedly fractious relationship with his former manager, but he says he appreciates what his Mourinho did for the club.
 
Sergio Ramos says he does not hold a grudge against former Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho, adding that the current Chelsea manager has had a postive impact on his game.

Ramos and Mourinho reportedly had a turbulent relationship, particularly during Mourinho's last season in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu. But Ramos insists he

wants to forget about the fallouts and focus on what the Mourinho did successfully for the club.


"I am not someone who holds grudges, and I want to remember the good things about our time with Mourinho," Ramos told AS. "Every day I wake up eager to learn new things, and I am grateful to Mourinho for that.

"I think of myself as someone who gives everything and I wake up every day wanting to keep growing.
"In that sense, being at Madrid is the best place for me, because the coaches and players I work with make this the ideal dressing room to improve at.

"I think of myself as a great player, but the fans have to decide whether that’s true. All I can do is try to be humble and retain the young mind I have had since I arrived here."

Ramos joined Madrid in 2005 and has made 343 appearances for Los Blancos, scoring 40 goals. He has won three La Liga titles in his time at the club, lifting the trophy in 2007, 2008 and 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment