The 27-year-old striker has struggled for consistency at Manchester City since his 37 million euro move from Wolfsburg but is full of belief ahead of the new campaign.

Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is full of confidence about the coming season under new manager Manuel Pellegrini after struggling to convince former coach Roberto Mancini of his striking talents.

The 27-year-old Bosnian struggled to command a first-team spot last season as City failed to
defend their Premier League title, but the forward was on form to score twice in his side's 5-3 Audi Cup win over Milan on Wednesday.

And with the Chilean boss telling Dzeko he will lead the line as the club looks to wrestle the Premier League crown back from rival Manchester United, the striker admits that he will head into the new season with a new lease on life.

"I feel different, better," Dzeko told the club's official website. "The manager gives me more confidence, and that is a good thing. I think that you can see that on the pitch, how I play and I feel different because of that, because someone who is important has trust in you."

Stevan Jovetic made his debut in the victory at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday, and Dzeko believes that the Montenegro international will play an important role for City this season as well.

"We played a fantastic game in the first 30 minutes," Dzeko said. "It was his (Jovetic's) first game for City and he showed that he will be a big name for us in the next season."

Jovetic, an offseason signing from Fiorentina, was pleased with his debut performance and is targeting full fitness come the start of the campaign. 

"I am so happy with my debut and also satisfied with my game but the most important thing is that we won," Jovetic said. "I feel good. I have three weeks until the beginning of the Premier League, and then I will feel good."