Thursday, August 1, 2013

Neymar hails Messi friendship


The Brazil star has revealed he speaks to his Argentine teammate every day and reiterated his respect for the four-time Ballon d'Or winner.
Neymar has revealed he has formed a firm friendship with Lionel Messi at Barcelona.

The 21-year-old joined the Liga champion from Santos for $75 million back in June, with the footballing world intrigued as to how the two South American stars would gel alongside one another at
Camp Nou. And just a matter of weeks after being unveiled in Blaugrana colors, Neymar says the two are becoming good friends, while again hailing the Argentine as the game's finest player.
 
"My relationship with Messi is fantastic," Neymar told reporters. "I speak with him every day. Messi is the best player in the world, he has got all of my respect."
A great deal of expectation will weigh on the shoulders of the Brazilian this term as he bids to adjust to 
European football and justify his sizeable transfer fee, but Neymar is remaining calm and insists he is not feeling the heat just yet.
 
"There is always pressure, I just try to keep calm, you have to take on this kind of pressure, it's part of football," Neymar said. "I'm always happy as long as I'm helping the team, the important thing for me is just to play well and to be able to help the team. There is a lot of expectation over me, and I'm hoping to live up to these expectations."
"I'm trying to adapt as quick as I can, Barca play the most beautiful football in the world, so I'm making as much effort as I can to adapt as quick as I can to the way that they play."

Neymar will come up against former club Santos in the Joan Gampher Trophy at Camp Nou on Friday night as the Catalans continue their preseason preparations.

The Brazil international made his Barcelona debut with a substitute appearance in the club's 2-2 draw with Lechia Gdansk on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment