Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cristiano is not the 'real' Ronaldo - Mourinho



The two-time Champions League winner has previously claimed that his compatriot "thinks he knows everything"
Jose Mourinho has taken another swipe at Cristiano Ronaldo by claiming that that his fellow Portuguese is not the "real" Ronaldo.

The Chelsea boss, who recently stated that his former charge at Real Madrid "thinks he knows everything", insinuated that he has more respect for Brazil legend Ronaldo, with whom he worked during his time at Barcelona under the guidance of Bobby Robson.

"I was manager for the first time in the 2000 year but, before that, I was assistant in big clubs and with big managers and coaching the best players in the world, so I was 30 and I was coaching Ronaldo, not this one [Cristiano], the real one, the Brazilian Ronaldo," Mourinho told ESPN.

"I was coaching Rivaldo, I was coaching [Luis] Figo, I was coaching [Pep] Guardiola, I was coaching big players when I was very, very young.

"So, at that time, I was not the manager, I was just an assistant but I was feeling that I had, in my hands, some potential and after that I start my career in the year 2000 and after four years I won my first Champions League and, after that, everything comes as a consequence."

Mourinho left Camp Nou in 2000 to coach Benfica but it was at rival Porto that he became a household name on the back of its remarkable Champions League success in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment