Saturday, August 3, 2013

Anderson ready to challenge for regular role at Manchester United


The Brazilian is unhappy with his string of fitness problems at Old Trafford but says he is preparing to play every game under new manager David Moyes this season
Manchester United midfielder Anderson admits he has been frustrated by his form and injuries but insists he is ready to challenge for a regular first-team place under David Moyes.

The 25-year-old, who was signed from Porto in the summer of 2007, made just nine Premier League starts last season due to fitness problems.

"It’s not just the fans who’ve been frustrated, I’ve been frustrated," Anderson told Manchester Evening News.

"I never asked to be injured, I don’t want to be injured. I want to play every week for Manchester United, I love being here. Last season I was doing good for six games, then I started to feel my knee.

"I felt the pain but I kept playing because I wanted to help my team, but then I had to stop playing. I felt like I was making a step forward and two back. Just when I think everything is fine I get an injury."

The Brazilian hailed the influence of former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and insists he is now preparing to become a significant part of Moyes' side.

"Ferguson helped me a lot. He’s a great person, but a new manager means new mentality and I’m happy with that," said Anderson.

"Training is hard under David Moyes but that’s good for me. I need to train hard. I need to run and I’m feeling good, with power in my legs. I need to get fit and lose weight. I need to lose two more kilos to be at my best weight.

"I just don’t want to have injuries. I want to train every day and play every game. I want to do my best for the team, want to play 90 minutes and not have to come off. To do that I need to be 100% fit."

No comments:

Post a Comment