Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ogbonna: I need time to adapt at Juventus



The defender thinks that he might not be ready to make an impact right away following his transfer, but he is keen to learn from his teammates.

 SAN FRANCISCO -- Angelo Ogbonna has stressed that he will need time to adapt to his new surroundings following his summer move from Torino to Juventus.

The Italy international, 25, joined the Serie A champions for a transfer fee potentially rising up to 15 million euros earlier this summer and revealed his desire to learn from his new teammates as he aims to become a key player.

"It's a little bit difficult for me to enter into the team dynamic because the

spirit of the team in defense is different from everything I've worked for all these years," Ogbonna said. "I'm having to adapt to a new style of play. I'm just looking forward to learning a lot from the more expert players.

"I think I'm in good physical condition but obviously I need to return to top shape before the beginning of the season. I train hard every day and I hope to continue improving like this.

"Our gameplan is mostly based on setting up play for the forwards. I've been asked to fill that role for the team to stimulate more forward momentum, so to play more aggressively."

Ogbonna could make his official Juventus debut in the Supercoppa Italiana clash again Lazio on Aug. 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment