Friday, August 9, 2013

Youngster Ake pledges to reward Chelsea faith


The 18-year-old signed a new deal with the Europa League champions on Thursday and says he is ready to repay the support the club have shown in him.
Chelsea defender Nathan Ake has vowed to repay the club's faith in him after signing a new five-year deal.

The 18-year-old committed his future to the Premier League side on Thursday after impressing during a breakthrough 2012-13 campaign that saw him make six first-team appearances.

And the youngster, who joined the London club from Feyenoord in 2011, feels he is ready to show that the belief in him is warranted.

"I'm very happy that Chelsea is rewarding me with a new contract for my effort and development the last years," he told the club's official website.

"I would like to thank everybody at the club for everything they did for me. Thanks to them I have come so far. I won't let them down and will keep on working as hard as I can."

The versatile player made his debut for Chelsea as a last-minute substitute in its Boxing Day win over Norwich City last term and then also featured in both the FA Cup and the club's successful UEFA Europa League campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment