The French youngster, who introduced himself to Italian football last year becoming one of Milan's youngest goalscorers, says he is targeting a first-team role this season.

M'Baye Niang says he is determined to impose himself on the first team at AC Milan this year and is not afraid of competing against the likes of Robinho or Giampaolo Pazzini for his place.

Niang, 18, became one of the youngest goalscorer at the Rossoneri when he netted in the club's 3-0 victory over
Reggina in the Coppa Italia last season. Niang, who moved from Caen in 2012 - the Ligue 2 club he was at since he was 13 - made a further 20 appearances in Serie A under Massimiliano Allegri, and he says he is determined to make an even bigger impact in this campaign.

"I feel perfectly fine in Milan and I want to stay," Niang told L'Equipe. "I know what I can bring the team and I'm not afraid of competition.

"I'll play where the coach asks me. I know I have the capacity to impose myself on this team."
The Frenchman, whose contract with the club runs until June 2017, has been recently linked with a move away from Milan, with Sampdoria, Genoa and Newcastle United reportedly showing interest in the striker.