Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tevez: I was ready to retire before Juventus move


The 29-year-old Argentina international says he felt he had achieved everything he wanted to in the game, until the Old Lady came knocking for his services.
Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he considered retiring from football this summer.

The 29-year-old joined the Serie A champion from Manchester City in June, but revealed that a falling out with former City boss Roberto Mancini almost forced him to quit.

"I always said I wanted to retire aged 28, and I was close to doing so after falling out with [Roberto] Mancini," Tevez told ESPN.

"I was really tired. I had won the Champions League and the Premier League with Manchester United, and the FA Cup with Manchester City. I won everything I felt I could and there was a time I had had enough of football and wanted to retire. Then Juventus came along, one of the biggest clubs in Europe, and they made me change my mind."

Tevez also says that, as far as he sees it, his international career is a thing of the past, having not played for Argentina since 2011.

"My career with Albiceleste has ended," he added. "I have told you all about the national team before and I have nothing else to add. It's over now and is in the past."

Tevez made 62 appearances for his country between 2004 and 2011, scoring 13 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment