Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Suarez: Liverpool promised to sell me


Arsenal has bid for the striker, who insists the Anfield outfit agreed to let him leave for a Champions League club after the Reds failed to crack the top four.
Luis Suarez has urged Liverpool to honor its agreement and allow him to leave for a Champions League club this summer.

The Uruguay international has been the subject of offers from Arsenal this summer, who bid 40 million pounds for the striker plus an additional 1 million in order to activate a perceived release fee in the player's contract. Liverpool rejected the offer, but Suarez is adamant the club told him he would be able to move if the Anfield outfit failed to qualify for the Champions League.

"Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club, and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go," Suarez told The Guardian. "I gave absolutely everything last season, but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish – now all I want is for Liverpool to honor our agreement."

Suarez also indicated he is ready to take his case to the Premier League in an attempt to make the move happen.

"I have the club's word and we have the written contract and we are happy to take this to the Premier League for them to decide the case, but I do not want it to come to that," Suarez said. "I don't feel betrayed, but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

"They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honor that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach, but something that is written in the contract. I'm not going to another club to hurt Liverpool."

No comments:

Post a Comment