Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Neymar downplays health problems


The young forward has made it clear that he is fine condition and has high expectations ahead of the new season despite Barcelona revealing he has anemia
Barcelona attacker Neymar has insisted that his health issues will not cause him any problems during pre-season as the Spanish champions continue their preparations for the 2013-14 campaign.

The Brazil international was diagnosed with anemia - a low red blood cell count - which can cause excessive levels of tiredness in players, following routine blood tests this summer. leading to worries about his fitness ahead of the new season.

Sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta already stated at the weekend that the club are not concerned, though, and Neymar, who had his tonsils removed a month ago, has now stressed that he is feeling fine, too.

"I am feeling just fine," the attacker told reporters in Thailand. "I have already improved after my tonsil operation and I have no problems in training. I am getting better."

The 21-year-old then went on to say that he has high expectations as the start of the 2013-14 season edges closer.

"I have high expectations for myself and the team. I hope to have a good performance in the next season. We will try to work as a team to win honors," Neymar added.

Barcelona's first official match of the season is their Liga opener at home against Levante on August 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment