Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Vidic confident of fitness after playing full 90 minutes in friendly



The Manchester United skipper believes he will be ready for the club's Premier League season opener against Swansea City after clocking a full shift in Sweden on Tuesday.
Nemanja Vidic is confident he will be fit for the start of the Premier League season after playing the entire 90 minutes in Manchester United's 1-1 friendly draw with AIK.

The Serbian had not featured under David Moyes during the Red Devils' preseason encounters, having last gone the distance in a match on May 12, prior to the end of the previous campaign. The 31-year-old has declared that he hopes to be fit for the Old Trafford outfit's opener against Swansea City on Aug. 17, though, after turning in a full shift in Sweden.

"I am pleased that I have 90 minutes under my belt," Vidic said to MUTV following the draw. "It's a long time since I've played a full game.

"I am pleased with that and I hope that after this game I can pick up my fitness and I will be ready for the beginning of the season."

Vidic went on to say that while he felt he and his teammates gave away too many opportunities in the stalemate with AIK, he remains confident they will be ready once competitive football arrives.

"AIK worked very hard and they made some trouble for us," Vidic said. "We allowed them too many chances and we have to improve our shape in defense. We can work on that and I think we will be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment