Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fabregas rules out Barcelona exit


The Spain international has been the subject of two rejected bids from Manchester United this summer and has now insisted he is committed to the Blaugrana.
Cesc Fabregas says he has no intention of leaving Barcelona this summer amid serious interest from Manchester United.

The Premier League side saw two offers for the Spain international turned down by the Liga champion, with Barca sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta stating earlier this month that United had ended its pursuit of Fabregas following Barca's latest rejection.

Speculation about Fabregas' future at the Camp Nou side continued, though, only for the midfielder to now make it clear that he will not leave the club this summer.

"It has always been my dream to play for

Barcelona and that has not changed. I am very happy with life at the club and I have never thought about leaving Barca," Fabregas said at a press conference. "It is an honor that United made two offers, but there were never any talks. I didn't talk with any club as I joined Barcelona only two years ago.

"I have always felt valued at this club. Nobody ever made me feel that they didn't count on my any longer.

"I never had any doubts about my future here. It cost me a lot to return to Barca and all I want now is to be successful here."

Fabregas joined Barcelona from Arsenal in the summer of 2011 and has a contract with the Spanish giant until June 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment