Sunday, August 11, 2013

Vidic plays down Rooney exit talk



The Serbian center back has dismissed talk of unrest involving the striker as pure speculation.
Nemanja Vidic can see no reason why Wayne Rooney would want to leave Manchester United this summer.

The 2012-13 Premier League champions kicked off their season with a Community Shield victory over Wigan on Sunday.

However, Rooney - who has made attempts to move away from the club and is the subject of interest from Chelsea - was not involved due to a shoulder injury.

But Vidic believes there is no bigger club in the world than the Old Trafford side, regardless of attention from Jose Mourinho and United's Premier League rival.

"Any team in the world would like to have Robin [van Persie] and Wayne but like I said, Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and we want to have the top players," Vidic told reporters.

"I think the top players want to play for Man United and there's no question about it."

Vidic also moved to dismiss much of the talk surrounding Rooney as speculation, having heard transfer rumors about himself in past summers.

He added: "I think it's the best club in the world and there's so much speculation, so much talk about if he will leave or stay.

"I have to say, the last four years I was in that position as well, people talking I will leave the club when I'm still here and I am enjoying playing for this club. [There is] nothing else to say."

No comments:

Post a Comment