Thursday, August 15, 2013

Julio Cesar & Luiz Gustavo in limbo


The Brazil international duo insist no decision has been made over their potential summer moves

Julio Cesar and Luiz Gustavo have admitted that their futures remain undecided.

QPR goalkeeper Cesar was strongly linked with a move to Arsenal at the beginning of the summer, while exclusively revealed on Monday that Arsene Wenger's side were closing in on a €20 million move for Bayern midfielder Gustavo.


Speaking to SporTV following Brazil's 1-0 friendly defeat to Switzerland on Wednesday, former Inter goalkeeper Cesar insisted he is talking to clubs but that nothing had been finalised, while Gustavo wants a
quick resolution over his future.

"We have two weeks until the close of the market, but nothing is decided yet," Cesar said. "I'm talking to some clubs, but we still haven't reached an agreement. If I have to stay at QPR and play in the second division, I won't have any problem."

Gustavo added: "I still don't know what will happen, but hopefully my future will be decided as soon as possible so I can prepare better for the next [international] friendlies and the main objective; the World Cup."

Matthias Ginter, meanwhile, is another player who has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium although the Freiburg star is adamant that the rumours of a switch to north London have no truth.

He told SID: "I learned about it [the rumour of a move to Arsenal] only in the media. I even heard that I was on a plane to London and had a medical there. There is nothing to this, it is nonsense." 

No comments:

Post a Comment