Saturday, August 17, 2013

Zuniga to snub Juventus for Napoli renewal



The wing-back is keen to stay at his current club and expects to sign a new deal in the upcoming days

Juan Camilo Zuniga has revealed that he has no intention of leaving Napoli for Juventus as he has set his sights on a new contract with the Partenopei.

The Colombia international's current deal with Napoli is due to expire at the end of the 2013-14 campaign and clubs such as Juve and Inter are closely monitoring his situation at the Stadio San Paolo.

Zuniga is not thinking about a transfer, though, and insists he is happy with life at his

current club.

"I'm flattered by Juventus' interest, but I'm a Napoli player and not thinking about a move," Zuniga told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I have never said that I wanted to leave Napoli. I feel Neapolitan. I felt at home right away when I arrived here.

"I am feeling very well here and if we both want the same thing, we just have to find a solution. I don't think a contract renewal will be problematic. I'm confident everything will be resolved shortly."

The 27-year-old joined Napoli from Siena in the summer of 2009 and has since developed into a key player at last season's Serie A runners-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment