Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thiago Silva reveals PSG doubts


The Brazilian says he was unsure if leaving AC Milan for Ligue 1 was the right decision but now believes French football is among the best in the world

Thiago Silva has revealed he harboured major doubts about leaving AC Milan for Paris Saint-Germain last summer.

The defender, 28, left San Siro for an estimated €42 million and - along with fellow ex-Rossoneri team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic - helped propel les Parisiens to the Ligue 1 title for the first time in 19 years.

However, the centre-back admits that - at first - he was

apprehensive about swapping Serie A for Parc des Princes, but that he has come to perceive French football as amongst the highest quality in the world.

"I had some pretty big doubts when I signed here," the Brazil international - who has been linked with Barcelona throughout the current transfer window - told BeIn Sport.

"Not because of PSG, but because I was leaving AC Milan for a different type of football, what I thought was probably not as good a league.

"Today I'd say the two leagues are on par because Ligue 1 has improved a lot in recent years. This season I think French football will show the world how far it has come, but I had this doubt, I wasn't sure I'd made the right choice.

"I admit that even before we won the title I was still thinking about it. But today I know I made the right choice because I'm working with some formidable people."

No comments:

Post a Comment