Friday, August 16, 2013

Barcelona's Mascherano reveals Rafael Benitez contact


The Argentina international has admitted that he is still in regular touch with his former Liverpool boss amid reports linking him with a move to Napoli

Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano has admitted that he is still in regular contact with Rafael Benitez amid reports that Napoli are interested in signing the Argentine.

The 29-year-old worked with the Spanish coach from 2007 until 2010 during his time at Liverpool and has fond memories of the current Partenopei boss.

"Am I going to Napoli? I can only say that I have a lot of respect for

Rafa," Mascherano was quoted as saying by Il Mattino.

"We still often speak to each other. We keep in touch pretty much on a daily basis. He has helped me become a better player.

"A reunification? I like Serie A, but I'm still a Barcelona player at the moment."

Mascherano, whose contract with Barcelona runs until 2016, recently admitted that a number of clubs have enquired about his availability, but added that no concrete offers have been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment