Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mazzarri: I don't regret joining Inter



The 51-year-old still feels he made the right decision to join the Nerazzurri and is keen to help them back to the top again

Walter Mazzarri has insisted that he has no regrets over his decision to leave Napoli earlier this summer in order to take charge of Inter.

The Nerazzurri have been struggling during pre-season, while their delicate financial situation has prevented them from making any high-profile signings, yet Mazzarri, 51, remains adamant that he made the right choice in moving to San Siro.

"Of course I would make the same decision again if given the chance to

go back in time," Mazzarri told Corriere dello Sport.

"There's no reason why I would not join Inter. The president's words made the difference for me. What he said to me made me decide to come here.

"We had a great discussion and he ignited a fire in me that's really motivated me. We understood each other right away.

"I was told that we can start from zero I will get the chance to build a team for the future. We might need some time, though. I want to take Inter back to where they belong."

Inter had to settle for ninth spot in the Serie A table last term.

No comments:

Post a Comment