Friday, August 16, 2013

Youthful PSV will cause Milan problems - Van Bommel



The 36-year-old believes the Eredivisie outfit will be no pushovers for the Italian giants as the two teams vie for a place in the Champions League group stage.
 
Mark van Bommel insists PSV will cause AC Milan problems in their Champions League play-off clash first leg on Tuesday.

The retired midfielder, who represented both sides in an illustrious 20-year career, feels the Rossoneri will have their hands full coping with a youthful and vibrant Dutch attack - although he admits the tie is poised on a kinfe-edge.

“It will be a very difficult game for both teams,” he told Milan Channel. “PSV have changed a lot, they have a lot of young players and they are a very quick team.

“Milan doesn’t know how PSV play, they all run a lot. [Adam] Maher is the best player for PSV and their attack is so dangerous that they can hurt you from one moment to the next.

“But Milan are Milan and if you play in a team like this it is impossible not to do well. [Kevin-Prince] Boateng, [Mario] Balotelli and even the defence is very strong, otherwise they would not be playing at Milan.

“I can tell you that PSV are not happy to have drawn Milan for the knock-out round. I think they are very good at going forward but they have a very young defence. It will be a very interesting match to watch at the stadium because who knows what can happen."

Van Bommel admitted his allegiances are torn for the up-coming tie, despite having only represented the San Siro outfit for 18 months.

“I played for a year and a half for Milan but it felt like 10 years," he explained. "It was such a joy for me and I cried a lot when I left. I played seven years at PSV but I think the best players I played with were at Milan even though last season many of them left.

"It is very difficult for me to decide who to support; only one will go through.”

No comments:

Post a Comment