Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nasri: I did not kill anyone


The Manchester City man is happy to be given a second chance with the national team and has stressed he has learned from his mistakes

Samir Nasri has apologised for his previous misdemeanours with France but says "he didn't kill anyone" and should be given an opportunity to redeem his actions.

The Manchester City midfielder was handed a three-game ban by the French football federation following his outburst toward a journalist at Euro 2012 and had not been called up by Didier Deschamps ever since.

However, Nasri is now ready to make his comeback in the friendly against Belgium and he is keen to prove that he has matured.

"I want to start by apologising again. I did not show a professional attitude at

Euro 2012," the 26-year-old said at a press conference.

"I should have dealt with the situation differently. It's up to me to make sure that this does not happen again.

"I am focused on the present and the future now. I did not kill anyone. Worse things happened in 2010. I have been given a second chance.

"I had not been called up for a year and feared I might not get a second chance. You do not always realise that it is a big occasion when you get called up for the national team. I watched all of France's games and it hurt that I wasn't there."

No comments:

Post a Comment