Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gotze delighted with 'special' Bayern debut



The Germany international was satisfied with his first game for the Bundesliga champions, yet insisted that he still has some work to do

Mario Gotze has voiced his delight with his debut for Bayern Munich in Sunday's 4-1 friendly win over Hungarian champions Gyor.

The 21-year-old, who joined Bayern from Dortmund this summer, had spent the past few months on the sidelines due to injury, but featured for 30 minutes on Sunday and netted twice to help his side to victory.

"It was only a friendly game, but still something quite special for me," Gotze was quoted as saying by TZ.

"Could I

start against Frankfurt this week? No. I'm still missing something, I have some catching up to do in the next three to four weeks.

"My debut could have gone worse, though... I am happy with how things went. I just want to keep on training with the team to gain a bit of rhythm."

Team-mate Franck Ribery, meanwhile, was very pleased with the attacking midfielder's substitute cameo as well and is looking forward to playing alongside Gotze more often.

"It was good fun to play alongside Mario. It was clear to see that he really missed playing football. We will have plenty of fun together this term."

No comments:

Post a Comment