Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Martinez mulls over Porto exit



The Colombia striker has denied opening contract talks with the Portuguese giants and says he is considering his options
Jackson Martinez has admitted he is mulling over leaving Porto after rubbishing reports he has signed a new deal with the club.

The 26-year-old striker has been strongly linked with a move to Napoli, but Italian reports appeared to quash those rumours when they stated Martinez had re-signed with the Portuguese club for another four years.

But although Martinez said he is not against remaining in Portugal, he was adamant he has not put pen to paper yet and is very much in two minds over his future.

"I don't want to force my departure from
Porto. In fact, I really hope not to," Martinez told A Bola.
"Today the question I have is whether I extend my contract or go elsewhere. Apart from that there is nothing else to say.

"The problem is that I hear things that are not true. The press reported that I had agreed a new contract until 2018. I hadn't even started to think about it because nobody at Porto had called me to talk about it."

The Colombia international scored 29 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions last season as Porto went the entire league season unbeaten on their way to lifting the Primeira Liga.

No comments:

Post a Comment