Tuesday, August 13, 2013

De Rossi to make final statement this week on Roma future



The 30-year-old Italy star is being constantly linked with a move to one of Europe's elite, so he plans to put the matter to bed "once and for all" after the international break

Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi has revealed that he will make a definitive statement on his future later this week.

The 30-year-old, who is currently on international duty with Italy, has admitted that he is tired of the constant speculation linking him with a move away from the Stadio Olimpico and has vowed to set the record straight.

"Right now, I will have two more days with the Azzurri," De Rossi told reporters on the eve of his

country's friendly against Argentina.

"But then, I will speak on the topic once and for all. People can accuse me of anything they want, but not that I have not been clear."

De Rossi was then quizzed on his international and club colleague Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, who is said be keen on a move to Inter, having fallen out with the Giallorossi's supporters last season.

"I do not know what he wants to do," the Rome native insisted. "I've seen clear movement on his part and the club's.

"If he left, we would lose a great player, as well as a friend. But I don't want to speak about my own future, so I don't want to speak about others' either.

"I'm a friend of Daniel's and so I'm happy when he's happy. If he stays at Roma, I'll be happy for him. If he goes elsewhere, I'll be the same."

De Rossi was speaking not long after the Azzurri were granted an audience with the Pope on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment