Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vidic calm over Man Utd contract talks



The Serbia international defender says he is not worried about his Red Devils future, despite having just one more year left to run on his Old Trafford deal

Nemanja Vidic is calm about his Manchester United future, despite talks over a new deal having so far failed to materialise.

The Serbia international defender is in the final year of his current contract at Old Trafford, with discussions over an extension apparently yet to take place.

The 31-year-old has battled through injuries in recent years, with a knee problem limiting
his impact during the last campaign.

However, he is confident that he can remain part of new United manager David Moyes' plans. 
"I'm not expecting anything. I'm just trying to perform as best I can and we'll see where I am and what the plans are," he told The Sun

"I'm not worried. I never like to make promises about how many games I could play, but I feel good."
Despite his injury problems last season, Vidic still managed to make 23 appearances in all competitions for the Red Devils. 

He also played from start to finish at Wembley on Sunday as United won the Community Shield against Wigan to give Moyes his first trophy since taking over at Old Trafford.

No comments:

Post a Comment