Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Marcelo ready for step up in class with Hannover



The Brazilian says the Bundesliga is of a 'higher' level than the Eredivisie and is looking forward to the challenge of trying to prove himself at the AWD-Arena 

New Hannover signing Marcelo says that he will relish what he feels is a clear step up in class after leaving the Eredivisie for the Bundesliga.

The Brazilian has just arrived at the AWD-Arena from PSV, having signed a four-year deal with Mirko Slomka's side on Saturday.


However, Marcelo claims to have already noticed a difference in
quality - after just one training session with his new team-mates.

"Well my first impression here was really really good," the defender explained. "The players gave me a great welcome, and in the training I can see that the players have a lot of quality and I think it was a great [session].

"This is the Bundesliga here, so you know the level is much higher. But I was thankful for a new challenge in my life; that's why I chose to move away now.

"I had a great time in PSV so it was really the time to make a new start in my life."

Marcelo, who is a Santos youth academy product, first came to Europe in 2008, spending two years with Wisla Krakow before joining PSV.

No comments:

Post a Comment