Monday, August 12, 2013

Rose takes swipe at former Tottenham boss Redknapp


The 23-year-old left back has hit out at the former Tottenham manager, and says he is hoping for a better season with the north-London club under the guidance of Andre Villas-Boas.
Tottenham defender Danny Rose has hit out at Harry Redknapp, suggesting he was unfairly treated when the current QPR manager was in charge at White Hart Lane.

Rose has been the preferred choice at left back during preseason for Andre Villas-Boas, and is eying up a starting berth against Crystal Palace on the opening day of the season.

Following Spurs' 1-1 draw with Espanyol on Saturday, the 23-year-old vented his frustrations at Redknapp, who he believes favored other players even when they weren't on top form.

"In the past I've never been able to compete fairly with Benoit, and Benoit's been outstanding for the last three or four years," the 23-year-old told reporters.

"But now we've got a manager who treats people fairly and he's not afraid to drop people if you're not performing, so I hope that can work well for me this season."

Rose suggested certain players were shown favoritism during Redknapp's reign, which caused tensions in the squad in terms of training and selection come match day.

"I train hard and every game I played I feel I've worked hard, so I hope that can stand me in good stead for Palace next week," he said. "It's not nice when you train hard every day and people have been allowed to sack training off and still be in the starting 11.

"Obviously I know Spurs have been in the top four or five clubs for the last five seasons or so, so I know it's hard for anyone to break through. But at the same time it is frustrating. It’s great that now the gaffer is not afraid to drop people if you’re not performing or training hard enough."

Rose spent last season out on loan at Sunderland with the Black Cats' manager Paolo Di Canio keen to make the deal permanent, but a loan deal is no longer an option for Rose who is eager to settle down.

"I wouldn't be going out on loan again," he continued. "If I wasn’t playing then a loan’s not an option for me now. I want to get settled somewhere, playing week in week out."

No comments:

Post a Comment