Sunday, August 18, 2013

Zuniga encourages Juventus interest


The 27-year-old has slammed the national press for fabricating quotes stating he would reject a move to the Bianconeri to remain with the Partenopei

Napoli defender Juan Camilo Zuniga has denied pledging his future to the club and welcomed interest from Juventus.

The 27-year-old, whose contract with the Partenopei expires next summer, has been persistently linked with a switch to the Bianconeri throughout the summer transfer window.

However, the Colombia international has recently been quoted as claiming he would snub the overtures of the Serie A champions to

remain at Stadio San Paolo, something he vehemently denies saying.

"My future is still in the balance. I don’t know what will happen, as it is all yet to be decided. I only hope the issue can be resolved quickly," he told Tuttosport.

"I don’t want to be forced to leave Napoli at the end of my contract. These are not conditions I would like to live in.

"I feel that I ought to make the situation clear, seeing as people have invented some of my statements. Once again some words are in the papers that I never actually said.

"My desire is to play a great Champions League campaign in a great team. I am happy with these four years spent at Napoli, but I am equally happy that great clubs like Juventus, Inter and overseas outfits want me."

The former Siena wing-back has made 144 appearances throughout his four-year spell with the Naples-based outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment