Monday, August 19, 2013

'Prison has changed me' - Breno


The Brazilian is relishing the chance to work with the Bayern Munich Under-23 side on a day-release programme as he continues to serve a jail term for aggravated arson
Former Bayern Munich defender Breno admits he has "changed as a person" during his time in prison.

The 23-year-old was sentenced to three years and nine months in 2012 after being found guilty of aggravated arson following a fire at his rented Munich villa the previous year.

The Brazilian has been offered a post to work for five hours a day with the Bayern Under-23 side and he admits he is indebted to the club for the opportunity following his spell away from the game.

“My time in prison was hard for me and I am pleased that Bayern have given me this opportunity. he told a press conference. “Thanks to Bayern, I’m fine.

“I have changed as a person. I learned a lot in prison. My wife and my kids were behind me the whole time. I’ve thought a lot about God, and without God there’s not much."

Breno originally signed with the club in 2007 as a 17-year-old, but injuries curtailed his early career in Germany before he was sent to prison last year.

“We have a mandate to integrate these people back to life,” sporting director Matthias Sammer said, while president Uli Hoeness added: "Breno is a member of the big Bayern family, who once had problems.Now there is a glimmer of hope and we want to give it to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment