Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ramsey expects Fabregas to stay at Barcelona




The Arsenal man is not surprised to see his former teammate attracting Manchester United but believes he will fight for his place at Camp Nou
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey expects Cesc Fabregas to remain at Barcelona despite Manchester United's interest in the former Gunners playmaker.

The defending Premier League champions are set to make an improved 40.6 million euro offer for Fabregas having already had two bids - the latest worth 35 million plus add-ons - rejected.

Ramsey admits he was not surprised to see the Spaniard linked with other clubs but believes he will choose to fight for his place at Camp Nou.

"I've seen the stories but I don't know what's going on there," Ramsey told the Daily Mail. "He's a quality player and he will be linked to a few different clubs.

"I don't know exactly what will happen but he's a great player and he's still at Barcelona and he said earlier in the year that he wants to stay, fight for his place and become a regular there."

Having cemented his place in the Arsenal team during the second half of the 2012-13 campaign, Ramsey is optimistic about the season ahead and hoping to contribute more goals from central midfield.

"I think I was very happy with my form at the end of the season," he said.

"I was playing in central midfield, that's my favorite position and I still think there's more to come from me and I was pleased with the way I played and my contribution to the team.

"I think I proved a lot of people wrong, showed exactly what I can do and there's a lot more to come from me. Scoring goals is one thing I need to improve on and hopefully I can do that this season."

No comments:

Post a Comment